18 May 2012
- After splitting 2 two game series the Marlins head into Cleveland for their first interleague series. Ozzie Guillen mentioned last week that he plans to rotate Logan Morrison, Austin Kearns, and Greg Dobbs between left field and the DH position when they play in American League Parks.
- It is unclear whether Guillen will mix up the lineup at all or if he will just stick the DH position into the pitcher spot. Personally I have always been in favor of sticking speed at the 9 spot. In the middle of the game the potential of having Bonifacio, Reyes, and Infante is very dangerous trio to face, especially when it is followed by Hanley Ramirez and Giancarlo Stanton.
- Emilio Bonifanco on Wednesday got his major league leading 20th stolen base of the year, he leads 5 players who are tied in second with 12th stolen bases. Bonifacio is 20 for 20 this season in stolen bases attempts. Jose Reyes is in 8th place in MLB and is 10 fr 14 in stolen base attempts.
- Marlins have also seen a significant increase recently in the batting averages from Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio, and Gancarlo Stanton. Reyes had spent most of April hitting around .220, but he has raised it to .247 and he even had it up to .261 before going 1 for 12 in his last 3 games. Bonifacio saw his average drop to .237 on May 2nd before being moved to 7th place in the order but since being moved down in the order he has thrived raising his average to .265. Even Stanton who had been hitting in the upper .260s most of the year has raised his average to .281 and is now tied for 8th in the NL with 8 home runs.
- Giancarlo Stanton has officially ht the logest home run at Marlins Park on the 14th. It went 433 feet according to Marlins measurments.
- Ricky Nolasco is now 0-2 since tying Dontrell Willis for the Marlins career total wins record. In those two games Ricky has pitched a total of 8.2 innings giving up 10 earned runs while striking out 5 and walking 4.
The Marlins now finish up their five game road trip with a stop in Cleveland, a rematch of the 1997 World Series.
- Friday 7:05 at Cleveland: Carlos Zambrano (1-2) vs. Justin Masterson (1-3)
- Saturday 4:05 at Cleveland: Anibal Sanchez (2-1) vs. Jeanmar Gomez (2-2)
- Sunday 1:05 atCleveland: Josh Johnson (1-3) vs. Derek Lowe (6-1)
|< Prev||Next >|